Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rum Jumbie Splash Flavored Rums - Perfect Summer Rums

I haven’t written anything in here lately because I haven’t tried any new wines or liquors that really inspired me.  Well that all changed last week when I did tastings of Rum Jumbie Splash Flavored Rums and fell in love with them.  These rums are a perfect for hot summer days, whenever you are laying around by a pool or relaxing in your backyard.  The rum comes in 4 delicious flavors, Mango, Coconut, Pineapple and Vanilla.  All four are sweet and do not taste like any other rum I have ever tasted before.  They should be drank really cold on ice.  They are also very good in a blender with crushed ice or as mixers for drinks.  The bottles have the company’s website on the back which has drink recipes. 

My favorite is the Mango.  It is full of fruity flavor, when I drank it my mouth exploded with flavor.  I also really liked the Coconut one, it tastes like a Pina Colada.  The Vanilla tastes like a French-vanilla ice cream and would be great on top of any ice cream.  I don’t like pineapples so I pleasantly surprised when I also enjoyed the Pineapple flavor. 

I can’t wait to try these rums this summer as mixers with different drinks.  So watch for Part II where I will review the drinks that are on the company’s website and anything else I decide to use them in.

Here’s a short description of the rums from the company’s website.
"Many years ago, hidden in the caves of a remote Caribbean Island was a well sought after Rum Recipe. It was safe there as the inhabitants feared entering the mysterious alcoves in belief that "Jumbies" or spirits were trapped inside. It was believed Jumbies would possess anyone who consumed Rum and would dance to the beat of congas all night long. Rum Jumbie Liqueur is made from that rediscovered recipe. By drinking this well sought after rum liqueur you may awaken the "Rum Jumbies" from years gone by. Rum Jumbie Splash is the ultimate blend of the finest Caribbean Rum infused with natural fruit flavors. Nurtured by the warmth of the Caribbean sun, only the best sugar cane rum is selected to create this harmonious tropical spirit."




No comments:

Post a Comment